Subject: Re: [boost] linking on OSX
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-21 04:38:01

David M. Cotter wrote:

>> Hi David,
> HI!  :)
>
>> On Wednesday 21 October 2009 07:22:48 David M. Cotter wrote:
>>> well, no i meant bjam
>>
>> which is the low-level tool used.
>>
>>> is "boost.build" another name for "bjam" ??
>>
>> It's the name of the complete build system.
>>
>>> so are you saying i can do this?

>> Of course.
>>
>> Be sure to clean the libs beforehand because Boost.Build does not
>> track
>> compile and link options. Or add "-a" to force a complete rebuild.
>
> i tried doing this:
>
> i completely wiped my boost tree.  oops but i did not wipe the usr
> local/lib  hmmm.  but it DID get updated (cre / mod date is today)
>
> then did this:
>
>  > ./bjam macosx-version-min=10.4 architecture=combined linkflags="-
> force_cpusubtype_ALL" install
>
> however, it did NOT set the cpu type.  when i do this you can see:

If you add -a -n to the above commands -- without cleaning anything,
or doing other actions -- you should see the compiler and linker commands
that are executed. Does the link command include the above flag?
If so, then presumably the option does not do what you expect. Should
it maybe be passed to compiler instead?

- Volodya