Subject: Re: [boost] Boost policy for putting headers in boost/ Was: #3541 Support <boost/ptr_map.hpp>
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-27 21:47:56

on Mon Oct 26 2009, Joel de Guzman <joel-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:

> FWIW, we've solved that by having a flat include directory. It's the
> include/ dir you see up there. The directory contains all forwarding
> headers. For instance, see http://tinyurl.com/yj86r8v. You have:
>
> #include <boost/fusion/include/deref.hpp>
>
> in addition to the modular:
>
> #include <boost/fusion/iterator/deref.hpp>

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Not bad, but the problem is... I tend to
forget it. So I reach for boost/fusion/deref.hpp as though all
libraries use that convention, and I am slowed down until I can remind
myself that fusion is different. Consistency in these little things
goes a long way toward ease-of-use.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing