Subject: [boost] Parallel Tree Merge
From: Biddiscombe, John A. (biddisco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-30 09:14:54

If I have a representation of a tree and I have sub-portions of it spread across a number of processes (but the whole tree represents a well-formed and simple tree structure). Is there a reasonably straightforward way of doing this using BGL or PBGL. I had hoped that it might be as simple as defining some templated tree structure and using the add operator after gathering pieces onto one node.

(The tree structure could be represented as XML where the root would exist on all processes, different sub-nodes and leaves and would occur on different processes - a simple xml merge would probably suffice for my needs right now).

If examples using boost libraries ((p)BGL/MPI) or other similar combination exist and anyone can point me to resources I'd be most grateful. (I'm not an expert with BGL so will need some do some learning...)

Thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch