Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-05 17:34:42

Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> What about companies that *do* use Boost? If we are to prioritize our
> efforts to provide the best service to them, should we be fixing
> warnings or improving our testing procedures? Should we be fixing
> warnings in general or working on tickets?

Hmmm - not sure there's a huge difference. I get tickets on a
regular base to fix warning. Some them are even marked "bug" !!!

So if one strives to have a "zero ticket" policy (or as close
as possible), you're going to end up with fixnig warnings.

BTW - There are warnings in building a library - these
are different than those generated in headers that users
see.

Robert Ramey