Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-06 22:20:54

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Emil Dotchevski
<emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> What about companies that *do* use Boost? If we are to prioritize our
> efforts to provide the best service to them, should we be fixing
> warnings or improving our testing procedures? Should we be fixing
> warnings in general or working on tickets?

Bugs, warnings, tests, new features, docs, etc should all be placed in
the _same_ task database (trac or wherever).
ie anything that the developer could be spending time on should go
into the one big list.
Then the developer can prioritize their time effectively. Hopefully
the database somehow allows concerned outsiders to give input on
priorities (ie voting or etc).

I've yet to work somewhere that managed to get this right, but I'm
still keeping my hopes up...

Tony