Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-07 05:38:46

Behalf Of
> Emil Dotchevski
> Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 5:44 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Paul A. Bristow
> > and disabling Microsoft language extensions Disable MS extensions =
> > Yes, command line option /Za "
>
> Stephan Lavavej from Microsoft told me that that this option triggers
> known bugs in the compiler. He strongly recommends to stay away from it.

Sounds like spreading FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) to me.

I have modified common.js to change the default to disable MS extensions (and
use M4) for all my projects (unless it becomes clear that they require MS stuff
- like Boost.Filesystem) and I've not seen any problems - apart from mostly
spurious warnings :-(

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow