Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Boost.Locale - preliminary code
From: Eric MALENFANT (Eric.Malenfant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-09 09:48:57

Artyom wrote:

> Your right, now it has quite full documentation.

For the interested, docs are at http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/boost_locale/docs/

I have several times in the past wished for a library with an interface compatible with the std locales, but with the power and correctness of ICU, so I find your library interesting.

I just took a quick peek at the docs, and noticed that message translation was based on GNU gettext. IIUC, the gettext library's license is LGPL, and its translation tools are GPL. AINAL, but I'm concerned that this may be incompatible with the Boost License. Can you comment on this?

In the same vein, did you consider using the ICU ResourceBundle and MessageFormat capabilities instead? If yes, what motivated your choice of gettext?

Thanks,

--
Éric Malenfant