Subject: Re: [boost] Time for another bug sprint (after 1.41 ships)?
From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-09 14:47:06

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 10:22 -0800, Marshall Clow wrote:
> One note: I'm using "diff" to calculate the changes, and sometimes it
> reports changes that "svn diff" does not
> (things like changed "$Id: " lines, for instance). So sometimes when
> you click on the link, you'll get "no changes".

Is it GNU diff? If so, you might want to try
  diff -b -I '\$Id[^$]*\$' -I '\$Date[^$]*\$' -I '\$Revision[^$]*\$'
(assuming unix shell; some other form of quoting otherwise...)

This isn't perfect - it won't detect other changes on a line with a
$Id$, but that would be fairly unusual. You might need to extend this
with other SVN keywords.

Also, if there are other changes in the same diff-block as the SVN
keyword changes, then the ignore pattern doesn't actually appear to trim
things out. (I've tested this with mpl/accumulate.hpp, and it silences
the diffs.)

The "-b" is just to ignore changes of whitespace (in my case,
differences in line endings).

Phil

--
Phil Richards, <news_at_[hidden]>