Subject: Re: [boost] [iostreams] Is anyone maintaining Boost.IOStreams?
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-12 14:32:15

2009/11/12 Richard Smith <richard_at_[hidden]>:

> I have produced a patchset against svn trunk for all of these bugs.
>
> http://ex-parrot.com/~richard/tmp/boost_iostreams_patches_20091111.tar.gz
>
> (They're arranged so that you can apply them all using quilt; if you don't
> use quilt, the series file specifies the order they need applying in.)
>
> If this is a convenient way of doing things, I can move on to some of the
> more involved bugs next.

It's fine, you probably know by now that I've commited them. I gave
them a fairly cursory review first. I'll merge to release when it
opens for 1.42 if the regression tests look good. You could probably
get subversion access if you wish, the details are at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/#GettingaTracSVNUserid

>>  2094 -- has a patch that ought to be uncontroversial
>
> This is all about -fno-exceptions support.  How much do we actually care
> about this?

Some people care, but support is patchy.

>  I have a patch that wraps up all throw statements using
> boost::throw_exception, but this still leaves rethrow (i.e. plain 'throw;'
> statements) and try/catch blocks that need to be wrapped up if we want a
> clean GCC compile with -fno-exceptions.  Does Boost have a standard way of
> doing this?

I don't think so. I just use RAII.

Daniel