Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] GGL review starts today, November 5th
From: Pierre Morcello (pmorcell-cppfrance_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-13 07:37:14

>>>This doesn't prevent from bringing other application domains.

Very good, it is somewhat what I had understood.

Well, maybe it is sufficient, but my point is only if someone checks the doxygen "classes" for example, he can be quite confused by all the  templated elements. Maybe I am only not enough used to read (so much) template-driven library documentation. The question is the needed level to read the doxygen document. Maybe some elements should not appear in the doxygen to make it clearer for the user ?

>>>So typically, some of the things you are asking for could be included in the kernel (lines, rays...) and other ones would rather come as specific extensions (frustums, meshes...).

Yes completely. But I have a question about extension. What is the complexity of extending for a new kernel 'type' for example ? Because STL is known for its "number containers + number algorithms" system. Is it  comparable ? Or is it more a "Sum for each element of ggl kernel of: "number of algorithms supported by the ggl::element"" ?

http://trac.osgeo.org/ggl/wiki/WhoUsesGGL

Thanks!

Ok very good, I missed it.

Best regards,