Subject: [boost] [asio] multicore performance
From: Isidor Zeuner (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-15 08:17:03

After coming along this ([1]) interesting link, I wonder what the
suggested way of building a fully multicore-capable boost::asio tcp
server on the linux platform would be. An obvious solution would be to
listen on one interface/port per core and solve the problem at the
application layer, but I'm looking for a fully transparent
solution. I haven't looked more deeply into the boost::asio inner
workings. Is it feasible to have modify epoll_reactor to distribute
the file descriptors among multiple epoll threads?

Best regards,

Isidor Zeuner

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1234750/c-socket-server-unable-to-saturate-cpu