Subject: Re: [boost] [program_options] Feature request for untyped variables
From: Sascha Ochsenknecht (s.ochsenknecht_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 09:28:54

Hi,

I think I managed to do what you want with implicit_value(). Implicit
value is the value which will be applied if not additional token is
followed by the option on command line:

   bool helpflag = false;

   options_description desc;
   desc.add_options()
        ("help,h", value<bool>(&helpflag)->implicit_value(true), "help");

Anyhow, implicit_value is not described in documentation and this is
already mentioned in Ticket#1132
(https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1132)

Cheers,
Sascha