Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] scalability
From: strasser_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-11-24 14:58:17

Zitat von Christophe Henry <christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden]>:

> The compilation time (and how far the compiler plays with us) depends
> on a number of factors:
> 1) the compiler
> 2) the compiler version
> 3) even your hardware (I get very different compile times on 2
> different machines with the same processor)
> 4) the state machine structure and the chosen front-end

sorry for the OT, but you seem to be experienced with compile time
optimization and I`m new to that. a library that I plan to submit to
boost causes > 50 s compile times even for simple examples, so do you
have any recommendations on where to start?
is there a compiler that can profile its own compile time? iirc GCC
has a debug option that prints the name of the template that is
currently instantiated, but creating a profile from that is still a
lot of work.

my library invokes a lot of Boost.Serialization and some MPL/fusion
code, so I'm not even sure if I can do anything about that within my
library.

thanks