Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] Review
From: Rob Riggs (rob_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-03 22:12:46

On 12/03/2009 04:27 PM, Andreas Huber wrote:
>> We do not have this much overlap in any other library w.r.t.
>> features and interface.
>
> What about Regex and Xpressive? I know neither of these libraries
> well, but doesn't Xpressive offer what Regex offers and more?

I would not say so. Xpressive's static regexes are "odd". It's hard
enough to master regular expression -- mastering a new, C++-specific DSL
for regexes is just brain damage. And its dynamic regexes are (based
solely on comparing the documentation and my use of Regex) not as
featureful as those in Regex.