Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] Review
From: David Bergman (David.Bergman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-05 14:41:17

On Dec 5, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Andreas Huber wrote:

>> Ignorant? Andreas, I can tell you one thing: I am anything but ignorant.
>
> Ok, I'm listening. How well do you know Statechart? Have you read the tutorial? Have you read the rationale?

Well, another thing: the feature set is almost identical, and it is hard to tell to which library this description belongs:

Features include:

Straightforward transformation from UML statechart to executable C++ code and vice versa. Currently, this needs to be done manually both ways but it should not be difficult to automate these tasks
Comprehensive UML semantics support:
Hierarchical (composite, nested) states
Orthogonal (concurrent) states
Entry-, exit- and transition-actions
Guards
Shallow/deep history
Event deferral
Error handling support
Maximum type-safety
Compile-time statechart validation
Support for asynchronous state machines and multi-threading
State-local storage
Generic design allowing for the customization of memory management, error handling and threading
/David