Subject: Re: [boost] Review Wizard report for December 2009
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 07:41:42

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> John Phillips wrote:
> > Shifted Pointer
> > ---------------
> > :Author: Phil Bouchard

> > the object itself at the same time so that dynamic memory management
> > is simplified thus accelerated and cheaper on the memory map.
>
> Is this not already done with make_shared()?
> If so, I see no need to review this library.

I guess the library has a misleading name. The subtitle "Deterministic Memory Manager of Constant Complexity" is probably a better description of the library scope.

The reason for the name might be that the library was already up for review a long time ago, and got rejected the first time because of inadequate documentation. However there was considerable interest in the library:

This submission looks like a complete rewrite to me, so the scope is probably slightly changed now. However, I still can't find adequate documentation. So if I were the review manager for this library, I would probably work with Phil to come up with adequate documentation before scheduling a review.

Regards,
Thomas