Subject: [boost] [serialization] #3677: Please, pay attention to a serious regression
From: Alexander Churanov (alexanderchuranov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 08:44:10

Folks,

I've just re-opened the issue #3677, since I did not receive any specific
feedback on how to resolve it. In the ticket it's claimed that the issue is
fixed. However, for the question about how to obtain the patch it was
answered that there is a belief the patch is checked in somewhere into the
trunk.

I completely understand that Boost is free and does not provide any warranty
for quality and reliability of the libraries. However, I hope that there is
a strong interest in Boost community for that.

To my knowledge, the issue is cross-platform and may broke more applications
than stated in the ticket. It is a pure regression: boost 1.39 is known to
work. The issue is a showstopper, at least for FreeBSD: I may not update the
boost to 1.41, because this action breaks working applications.

The desired is any definite decision on the issue. Preferably, a fix or a
workaround.

Alexander Churanov,
maintainer of devel/boost-*