Subject: [boost] [msm] New eUML syntax
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-09 11:47:52

Hi,

As it seems that the eUML syntax suggested by Robert Stewart is
favored by most of those who gave their opinion about it, I decided to
give it a try and uploaded into the vault
(http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?direction=0&order=&directory=Msm&)
a preview version (review_tests.zip) of the new syntax, along with 3
tutorials rewritten using this new syntax. This will allow us to play
with it and see if we like it. I'd be happy to get some feedback.
I personally found it hard to get used to this syntax, but it can be
because I'm so used to the "old" one.

Another effect is that I had to reorganize my transitions based on the
target state instead of the source, which made me change my debug
state_name array (as written in Annex A, the index of a state is based
on its position in the transition table). If you don't use state names
as debug information, you needn't mind about it.

Tested compilers were VC9 and g++ 4.3.

Please post your comments in the developer list.

Have fun!

Christophe

PS: a few speed optimizations (due to interesting tests from Barend
Gehrels) are also in, so should the back-end make any problem, please
let me know.