Subject: Re: [boost] SVN, branches and sandbox (Was: Review Queue Needs Attention)o
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-11 08:03:27

> So, it appears we've arrived at the following list of issue with the
> current official arrangement.
> - sandbox is physically different SVN repository,
> - handling cross-dependencies between sandbox libraries require full
> branches, as opposed to just boost/X + libs/X layout
> - getting SVN access is hard (in your opinion)

actually, i am not interested in using the sandbox svn for development
... so i don't care how hard it is to get an svn account ...

> - git makes you, personally, more productive

among other issues, because subversion doesn't support local branches
and subversion's `svn merge' is nowhere near the power of `git merge'
(not to speak of `git rebase')

> Is that correct understanding?

more or less :)

tim