Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] CLI 1.1.0 released
From: James Mansion (james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-17 16:46:26

Boris Kolpackov wrote:
> The reason I announced the second release here is because I got interesting
> feedback from this list's members after the initial release and a number of
> new features and changes were the result of this feedback. So I wanted to
> let the people that responded know about it. Sorry if I offended you by my
> announcement.

Perhaps if you had an option to compile the .cli file to code that uses
the existing Boost command
line interface support, then you would have a better reception here?

Personally I'm all for mini-languages, but if the compiler doesn't use
boost, and doesn't generate
code that depends on boost, your post looks a bit like spam - even if
this is in practice a forum that
reaches hard-core C++ coders who would be interested. I don't know if
anywhere else would
be appropriate - I definitely gave up on comp.lang.cplusplus (err, or
whatever it was called) a
looong time ago.

(For extra points, generate code for POCO's command line handler too ;-) )