Subject: Re: [boost] Is floating_point_comparison.hpp general purpose tool?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-02 07:42:35

I have, for my own purposes, refactored Gennidy's Boost.Test code - attached -
with a demo.

Is this of any interest or does it meet your needs? (The location you suggest
sounds sensible - except that people may have trouble finding it, an existing
difficulty with the math toolkit structure. Doxygenation might help this, but
is a massive job - see the doxygen comments in fp_compare.hpp.)

Paul

Behalf Of
> Rhys Ulerich
> Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:45 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Is floating_point_comparison.hpp general purpose tool?
>
> > I'm wondering why the floating-point algorithms [1] implementation
> > in floating_point_comparison.hpp lives in Boost UTF.
>
> I've also wondered this and have used UTF's floating point comparison
> algorithms outside test code. Creating a new header like
> <boost/math/fpcompare.hpp> to parallel the existing
> <boost/math/fpclassify.hpp> under the floating point utils [1] could
> be useful.
>
> - Rhys
>
> [1]

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit