Subject: Re: [boost] Boost library submission (poll for interest)
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-05 08:53:40

El 04/01/2010 23:56, Bob Walters escribió:
> I have a library I would like to submit for inclusion in Boost. This
> message is just soliciting for interest per the submission process.
> If interest is expressed, I'll carry on with a preliminary submission.

Interesting.

> The library is an embedded database, to the tune of products like the
> embedded version of InnoDB, BerkeleyDB, etc. In this case, the
> database is structured as a Boost.interprocess shared region

Glad to know the library has some use ;-)

> Currently, I've only implemented map<> (probably the most useful
> container type in a database), but the plan is to continue to add
> containers as requested/needed until ACID compliant versions of a
> decent portion of the STL are available.

I think most in-memory databases use T-trees as main containers. I plan
to add them as Interprocess containers for late 2010, but of course,
that will depend on my free time. With those containers, we could speed
up searches and waste less space.

Best,

ion