Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] Contract Programming Library
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-05 13:28:20

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lorenzo Caminiti" <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 6:54 AM
Subject: [boost] [contract] Contract Programming Library

> Hi all,
>
> I am thinking to submit a library for Contract Programming (a.k.a.
> Design By Contract (TM) ) for C++.
>
> I have drafted some of the library documentation in Boost-like format:
> http://dbcpp.sourceforge.net/boost/libs/contract/doc/html/
>
> Comments?

Hi,

I find your library very interesting and except some unavoidable preprocessor ugly (), the syntax follows quite closely the C++ proposal.

Have you considered to add block invariants? Maybe you can complete the table Contract Programming Feature Comparison.

If I have understood your library require the type is CopyConstructible to manage with postconditions. Have you considered to relax this constraint?

I have taken the freedonm to add it to the Boost Libraries Under Construction
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/LibrariesUnderConstruction . Let me know if all the informations are right.

Good work,
Vicente