Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_index][serialization]save_construct_data not called for multi_index collection
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-09 13:22:22

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin <at> tid.es> writes:

> Felipe Magno de Almeida <felipe.m.almeida <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > Sorry, now repatching another version I see your patch doesn't seem right.
> > You're passing the version of multi_index_container serialization to
> > save_construct_data_adl. Which should get
> > boost::serialization::version<T>::value.
> > Where T is iterator::value_type.
>
> Yep, you're right. But I've taken a look at the
> collection serialization code in Boost.Serialization
> and I don't quite grasp all the stuff there with
> respect to the version number. I'll post a request
> for info.

Hi Felipe, I still haven't received an answer to my question
about Boost.Serialization, so, given the sensible nature
of serialization code, where you must deal with coding errors
even after the code itself has been fixed, I've reverted the
change from release for the moment being.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo