Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_index][serialization]save_construct_data not called for multi_index collection
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-09 15:51:10

De: boost-bounces_at_[hidden] [boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] En nombre de Robert Ramey [ramey_at_[hidden]]
Enviado el: sábado, 09 de enero de 2010 21:42
Para: boost_at_[hidden]

> Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
>
> > Hi Felipe, I still haven't received an answer to my question
> > about Boost.Serialization, so, given the sensible nature
> > of serialization code
>
> lol - thank you for such a charitable characterization.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not referring to Boost.Serialization code, but
to the code (in this particular case, inside Boost.MultiIndex) devoted
to serializing a particular type: if one makes a wrong/bad decision within
it, great care has to be taken so as to fix this decision while being
backwards compatible with archives created with prior versions of
the lib. In no way were I referring to any particular aspect of
Boost.Serialization, being this problem absolutely inherent to any
serialization framework one could use. Besides, I much appreciate
the work you put in B.S.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo