Subject: [boost] [bloom_filter dynamic_bitset] Serialization support
From: Paul Fee (pfee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-11 12:21:55

I've been looking at the Bloom filter implementation in the sandbox area:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/bloom_filter

A previous email thread implied serialization was available, but I don't see
it in svn.

Is the serialization code available somewhere?

I've made an attempt at implementing this myself. In doing so I had to
implement serialization for boost::dynamic_bitset.

The dynamic_bitset serialization code may be useful independent of Bloom
filters. The Bloom filter serialization in turn makes use of dynamic_bitset
serialization.

I've uploaded my implementation to the boost vault:
http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?directory=serialization

Perhaps I should supply tests, example usage and documentation, but I'm
hoping to get advice on Boost best practise before going too far in the
wrong direction.

I'd like to see dynamic_bitset serialization in Boost proper and
bloom_filter serialization alongside the existing code in the sandbox area.

Can I request a sandbox account to upload code there?

All comments welcomed.

Thanks.
Paul Fee