Subject: Re: [boost] [graph-parallel] bcp update, was: The boost component dependencies blues
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-18 21:33:18

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Jeremiah Willcock wrote:

>>> Since Jamfile is in the 'build' subdirectory your Jamfile won't be
>>> implicitly included in its project so I think it'll be okay. If a
>>> library has a sub-library we indicate it by putting a file called
>>> 'sublibs' in its directory. I think its main purpose is to indicate
>>> that the test results should be separate, although it might have other
>>> uses. Btw I didn't mean to suggest that there's any urgency to this
>>> change, if some time is needed to get cmake working, that's fine in my
>>> opinion.
>>
>> I don't know how to get CMake working, and last time I asked him Doug said
>> it wasn't possible. Doing the move otherwise wouldn't be too hard once we
>> come to a firm decision on it.
>
> Everybody can easily guess my opinion, but let me state it none the less. I
> do not think that technical limitation (whether perceived, or by-design, or
> implementation complexity) of any random build system should be considered a
> good reason to deviate from directory structure set forth in boost library
> requirements.

OK. Should I go ahead with the move from graph_parallel to
graph/parallel? Does anyone have any objections? To be clear, the move
is just graph_parallel to graph/parallel, with a separate build system and
the same subdirectories that are there now, and still producing two
separate libraries (boost_graph and boost_graph_parallel like now).

-- Jeremiah Willcock