Subject: Re: [boost] [inspect] More changes to Inspection Report
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-21 09:21:27

On Jan 21, 2010, at 4:17 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> [...]
I agree.

> (It wouldn't be quite so bad of they had followed the UPPERCASE for MACROS
> convention, or if macros were namespaced).

There is a way to deal with this which doesn't require any code changes.
The macros in question are defined in a file "/usr/include/AssertMacros.h", which is guarded by an

#ifndef __ASSERTMACROS__
#define __ASSERTMACROS__
#endif

construct. If we were to define __ASSERTMACROS__ in the darwin.jam file, then these macros would never be defined.

However, this could lead to other problems down the road.

-- Marshall