Subject: Re: [boost] [inspect] More changes to Inspection Report
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-21 10:50:20

Marshall Clow wrote:
> There is a way to deal with this which doesn't require any code
> changes. The macros in question are defined in a file
> "/usr/include/AssertMacros.h", which is guarded by an
>
> #ifndef __ASSERTMACROS__ #define __ASSERTMACROS__ ...... #endif
>
> construct. If we were to define __ASSERTMACROS__ in the darwin.jam
> file, then these macros would never be defined.
>
> However, this could lead to other problems down the road.

It would lead to problems now for anyone using BBv2 for non-Boost (or
mixed) development and happens to be using those macros. If we had a
standard "prefix.hpp" & "suffix.hpp" that all libraries could include we
could def+undef the guard while including Boost headers. But this is
still fragile as people could include the AssertMacros.h before Boost
headers.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything