Subject: Re: [boost] C++ Networking Library Release 0.5
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-29 19:44:03

This is a topic which interest me so I brought up the documentation.

Immediately there was one thing that bothered me. This was the usage of the
Boost Logo in such a way that suggests that the library has been accepted
into boost. As far as I know this is not the case.

Would it be possible for some one to craft a logo which has the word
"Proposed" plastered over the normal boost logo. This would better
communicate the true intention. That this a library which is intended to
become part of boost, but which hasn't been officially accepted yet.

It's my view that the usage of the normal boost logo diminishes the
accomplishment of those who have actually managed to get their libraries
over the very high bar of boost review. It also makes the author is trying
to use the boost logo to add credibility to a work which hasn't yet achieved
it. I feel that making this special logo for situations like this would be
a good compromise. When the library is accepted, it's trivial to change that
logo to the officially accepted one.

Robert Ramey