Subject: Re: [boost] metaprogramming: associating a type with another type
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-02 11:32:24

on 02.02.2010 at 0:46
 Steven Watanabe wrote :
> Might I point out that Boost.Typeof is a thin
> wrapper around typeof for compilers that support
> it. Boost.Typeof also has some evil hacks
> that allow it to work automatically on msvc even
> though msvc doesn't support typeof.
if this is adressed to me then thank you
i'm aware that boost typeof wraps native facility and provide some
emulation otherwise
although i use primarily msvc i don't like the boost variant of typeof
because coding for my own purposes doesn't need typeof
and coding generically needs generic stable solutions
in my opinion boost typeof is not generic enough
that's why i don't like it
so i decided not to use boost typeof and wait for the new standard

--
Pavel