Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] Contract Programming Library
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-12 03:39:31

> I am thinking to submit a library for Contract Programming (a.k.a.
> Design By Contract (TM) ) for C++.

> I have drafted some of the library documentation in Boost-like format:
> http://dbcpp.sourceforge.net/boost/libs/contract/doc/html/

> Comments?

Hi,
I would be very interested in trying such a library. I have one
suggestion, which may be impossible to implement, but I think it would
be worth at least looking at.
The macros for defining assertions spoil function declarations. I know
it is inevitable, etc., but.. read on. I know at least one library in
Boost that also spoils function declarations in order to provide
additional functionality: Concept Check library; they may be others
too (MPL?).
My suggestion is that if there are (or will be) libraries that require
spoiling function declarations, they should all provide the same
"spoiled" syntax. Otherwise I will be always asking "how do I declare
a function in this library?". It would be very convenient if Boost
provided one alternative function definition syntax that when used
would enable all its libraries to work.

Regards,
&rzej