Subject: [boost] boost::optional<void>
From: Daniel Larimer (dlarimer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-01 02:00:52

I am writing some generic code and would like to handle "all values" the same way; however, I keep running into the problem of return void return types that need "special treatment". There is nothing I can do about it most of the time except template specialization.

That said, it would be helpful if boost::optional<void> could have some sensible default implementation where it acts more or less like a boolean. As it is, I will probably provide my own specialization of boost::optional to simplify my templates.

Any thoughts on this?

Dan