Subject: Re: [boost] [log] init methods and named parameters
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-05 11:44:05

On 03/05/2010 07:22 PM, Christoph Heindl wrote:
>> I don't think so, from my knowledge of Boost.ProgramOptions. The problem is
>> that in order to employ Boost.ProgramOptions I'd have to describe all
>> options I expect in the file. IOW, the set of parameters is fixed. The
>> current parser in Boost.Log, on the other hand, parses all options given and
>> then acts accordingly. For example, a user may specify different sets of
>> sinks (represented with sections in the settings file), and the library
>> should register the sinks as specified in the file.
>
> As far as I remember boost.program_options allows you to parse
> unregistered options without throwing errors.

That's about command line parser.

However, looking at the parse_config_file function reference I see there
is some flag that hints that unknown options should be accepted. There
are no docs on this feature, and the function interface is not
described. It's also not clear how do I work with the result of this
function. Given the fact I already have a working solution, I don't
think there's enough reason to add yet more dependencies on other
libraries to Boost.Log.