Subject: Re: [boost] [utility/swap] MSVC 10 test failure, unsigned long to std::bitset conversion invalid?
From: Niels Dekker - address until 2010-10-10 (niels_address_until_2010-10-10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-06 16:20:38

On 2010-03-06 18:56, Richard Webb wrote:
> I opened a bug on connect about that after seeing the same error
> on one of my own projects:
> https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/532897/problems-constructing-a-bitset-from-an-unsigned-long-in-the-vc-rc

Cool! Thanks, Richard.

> The problem is that bitset in the VC10 RC has one constructor that takes an
> int and one that takes an unsigned long long, and if you try to call it with
> an unsigned long it can't work out which one to call.

Interesting. I only have VC10 beta 1 installed, which does not have such
a bitset::bitset(int). So the bug was introduced very recently!

Do I understand correctly that bitset::bitset(int) behaves exactly like
the old bitset::bitset(unsigned long)? Assuming that sizeof(int) ==
sizeof(unsigned long), of course!

Kind regards,

   Niels