Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] ITL review starts today, February 18th
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-07 14:13:29

Hi Brian,

thank you for looking at my library :)

2010/3/7 Brian Wood <woodbrian77_at_[hidden]>:
> Joachim Faulhaber writes:
>
>> Let me put it this way:
>> std::set  : could be model of itl::Set, if operators were implemented
>> itl::set : is model of itl::Set
>> itl::interval_set : is model of itl::Set but implemented via intervals
>> boost::dynamic_bitset : is almost model of itl::Set but implemented
>> via arrays of machine words.
>
> Joachim and I have previously discussed the names of
> some of the classes in his library in the context of
> serialization:
> *http://preview.tinyurl.com/y86phqg*
>
> I don't have plans yet to add support for this library to the
> C++ Middleware Writer, but I would suggest that you
> consider where you will be able to come up with serialization
> support for the library.   I believe your options will be to add it
> yourself with Boost Serialization or go without it.

Offering serialization support will definitely be a useful addition
for my library. Implementing serialization support via
Boost.Serialization has been suggested among other things by John Reid
and, although there are issues with higher priority, I am considering
to integrate this.

> If you stick
> with the names of some of the classes that you have today,
> at the very least, I'll put off developing marshalling support for
> the library.

To give you a little feed back: The sentence above didn't exactly make
me feel in peace with you ;-/ But I'm open for your suggestions.

Cheers,
Joachim.

P.S.: I liked the proverb that you quoted in another posting:

"When a man's ways please the L-RD, he makes
even his enemies to be at peace with him." Proverbs 16:7