Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] [Asio] User input
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-10 10:56:56

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Rutger ter Borg <rutger_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Andrew Sutton wrote:
>
> > A couple of years ago there was an SoC idea to extend Asio with
> > user-input. This seemed like it may have been a pretty good idea. I think
> > it would be great if, minimally, Boost provided some mechanism of
> > interacting with a shell in raw input mode--in a well-designed and
> > portable way, of course :)
>

> Do you mean something like http://tinyurl.com/yf2sb64? I.e., I think it is
> covered as a case in the Chat example (at least for POSIX).

 Probably not. Asio is still reading from input as a stream (more or less)
rather than responding to input events from the keyboard. The original
project idea is here:

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Google_Summer_Of_Code_2008#asio_ui_support

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]