Subject: Re: [boost] Review - boost::log
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-14 17:42:21

>> So, what you are saying is that "around there", people prefer to use one
"glue" language, C, to another one,
>> and that the glue will affect all code to make it less
"extreme/templated"?

Yeah, thats about it. "C" is the glue language that everyone can use. Like
it or
hate it, its still around, and still the most popular language for the
widest
variety of programming tasks.

Although, for the most part, I still prefer boost style "C++" for my
own projects where I have full control of the code.

When it comes to being a library writer, you need to understand your
intended audience. If it is the intent of the library author to limit
his users to a small subset of C/C++ developers, that is is his choice, of
course.

I would perfer that boost developers think bigger and target a larger
audience.