Subject: Re: [boost] [unordered] unordered_set::erase() complexity bug?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-15 16:33:42

On 15 March 2010 20:11, Howard Hinnant <howard.hinnant_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm reviving an old thread with new information:

Thank you, that's very useful. I think I'll add quick_erase in this
release and deprecate the function I added in the last release (sigh).

> where node_ptr is a nested typedef in the container to unique_ptr<__node, __node_deleter<__node_allocator>>.  With this tool one can remove a node from a container, change its value, and insert it back into the container (or another which has an equal allocator).  E.g.:

You probably know better than me, but I don't think you can use
unique_ptr like that with the new allocator requirements. I like the
idea but probably won't implement it in the next release, maybe for
1.44.

Daniel