Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Boost.Log formal review closing down
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-17 16:09:54

On 03/17/2010 11:26 AM, vicente.botet wrote:

> * Filters, Formatters and attributes: An attribute is a different
> think than a filter. Filters contains attributes as part of its
> expressions.
>
> attr< logging::severity_level>("Severity") should return the
> attribute value when called.
>
> The following expression
>
> attr< logging::severity_level>("Severity")>= logging::info
>
> should return a filter. Can this make be possible and unanbigous?

See our conversation with Steven on this topic. In short, it needs
researching on my side. On the spot I can see the problem with attr
returning the attribute value upon being called, if more than one type
is specified.

> * Rotation on files. Can rotation be based only on time? Can we
> rotate at 2:00AM every day?

As I said in another email, this is currently not possible, but will be
implemented.

> How many rotation files are maintained?

You can specify maximum total size of the files or minimum free space on
the drive.

> Can this number be configured?

See here:

http://boost-log.sourceforge.net/libs/log/doc/html/log/detailed/sink_backends.html#log.detailed.sink_backends.text_file.managing_rotated_files