Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC Parallel BGP implementation
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-19 20:44:07

> > I am keen to get involved in open source project development as part of
> GSoC
> > 2010 with Boost.

Hi Naresh,

In additions to Nick's comments, I can help answer some of your other
questions.

> > 2. It would be helpful for me if I can have one more student working on
> > sequential part of graph algorithms. Is it allowed? If it is, and any one
> > interested please reply me back.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking, but GSoC projects are
individual efforts. If you propose to do the work, then it should be /your/
work. There may be some other students working on sequential variants of
those algorithms, but those would be more or less independent.

> > 3. Can I get few more details of Computer Vision algorithms?
>

> Computer Vision is not exactly my interest area so perhaps someone else can
> go into detail there.

I copied these over from last year's proposals. I think there's some
interest in these algorithms (I think the domain came up in some discussion
between the Geometry/Polygon folks), and I'm fairly certain that there's
some support in CGAL for computer vision too. That said, I don't know much
about them either :) Maybe Jeremiah can comment

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]