Subject: Re: [boost] Should Boost adopt pimpl/d-pointer as much as it can?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 19:09:31

Christian Holmquist wrote:
> I find this argument that boost being too difficult to build as an old myth
> that is not actually true. If it -is- true, the correct solution must be to
> improve it, and not to force users to recompile boost sources every time
> they make a change to their own code.

I've always held that using, and hence compiling, Boost libraries should
be as easy as just including the sources in your project. And I think
most Boost libraries fall into that mode. Perhaps helping out to
identify where that's ot the case and finding ways to make it that way
would be beneficial to the whole Boost community.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything