Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 00:06:52

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Jonathan Franklin
<franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Tom Brinkman <reportbase2007_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> ... All I'm saying is that in the real world, most
>> projects are mixed C/C++ and that the needs of both communities need
>> to be addressed if boost is going to remain relevent.
>
> For the sake of not arguing, let's assume that your assertion is true.
>  Let's hear your *actionable* proposal for improving boost.  E.g. show
> us the better interface for <insert specific boost example here>.

Tom's observations are just that, observations. In my experience, they
are correct. It doesn't mean that actionable proposals are practical
or possible.

Frankly, I couldn't care less if a particular team uses Boost or not,
unless I am writing code that they use. And then I keep my fingers
crossed that I will be able to use shared_ptr at least. :)

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.