Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.XML
From: Ilie Halip (lupuroshu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 06:24:19

> Let me write down a little "shopping list" of things that I consider
> worthwhile doing, based on the existing boost.xml sandbox project:
>
> * Add tests, to provide better coverage (different string types, different
> input; test error reporting, etc.)
> * Add examples, to show the different features
> * Add at least one new backend (implementation), and make any required
> modifications to the API to support this abstraction. (I made every effort
> to keep the current API agnostic to the backend used, but since I didn't
> really attempt to work with something other than libxml2, there may well be
> aspects where the backend "leaks" through.

Those sound ok. Are you also thinking about switching backends at runtime?
Because to me it makes more sense like that, rather then linking to 2-3
specific libraries. Plus, other parsers could be easily integrated by any
boost::xml user.

In any case, I'll come up with a proposal draft sometime in the next days.
Hope you guys can help me with suggestions. :)

Regards,
Ilie.