Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Some Ideas about the Boost.Process
From: Felipe Tanus (fotanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 14:49:59

Hi John, thank you for the answer.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:34 PM, John B. Turpish <jbturp_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm in no position to answer your question. [...]

     Since you use the library, I believe you are in position to give
your opinion. That is exactly why I asked away, not only to Boris.

> [...] but I could
> see reasons why someone would intentionally mess with argv[0]. Maybe
> support the current API and add a convenience function?

     I can't see why someone would mess with argv[0]. Considering that
there is a motive to do that, your suggestion would fit perfectly. Can
you please give me an example?

> I suspect that accepting any class that models a string would be quite
> difficult, and probably not worth it.

    Agreed. But ignoring the difficult and worthiness of the patch, do
you think it would be good? I'm not sure, but something tells me that
this would difficult a latter migration from one platform to other.

    []'s

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus_at_[hidden]