Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 22:46:25

Thanks John. Nice words.

I have taken far more from boost than I have given.

Let me just summarize my views by saying that I think that boost is at
a turning point. I hear lots and lots of grumbling. Most of it is a
general frustration and angst about the future.

With microsoft's .Net, apples osx, and Java, C/C++ is no longer the top dog.

C/C++ is just one of many different approaches to software development.

Its not like it used to be.

I see boost as our last great hope. Granted boost is very C++ centric.
It is my mission to make boost more friendly to C projects.

Why do we fight. Why are C programmers so generrally frustrated with
C++ programmers. I can help there, if anyone is interested to listen.

I would hope that C++ programmers would just hear us out. Make a few
concessions, where its not too painful.

I guess, what I see is that we C/C++ developers should get together.
There is so much that we could do if we fought for each other. We
argue because there is a friendly comptition between the languages,
but if we were smart, we would realize that
our real compition is elsewhere and we are far better off joining
forces, so to speak.