Subject: Re: [boost] New Boost.XInt Library, request preliminary review
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 13:10:16

Chill man - we have no homicidal intent!

Infinity in this case is when you don't have or want to use more memory to hold any more bits/digits ;-)

(just like floating-point when you run out of bits, 32, 64, 128, 300 decimal digits ...,

it is convenient to have a bigger number that you can decide to call 'infinity').

It not about a math definition, it about what works for you :-)

That's why a policy based solution will avoid all these arguments.

Paul

I think it was Godel who was asked "How do you compare infinities?" - His reply was "Very carefully!" ;-)

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, UK   LA8 8AB