Subject: Re: [boost] Transfer of Maintenance Rights
From: dherring_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-03-31 17:42:46

Interesting thread.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, vicente.botet wrote:
> [...]

It is common for "parlimentary" bodies to have clauses that can be
used to trigger debate. Such a technique might be good for boost.

Pick lower bounds that seem reasonable for bugs, patches, etc. Maybe one
month for patch resolution or bug triage, and six months for a "will do"
bugfix. When a time limit is exceeded, interested users can call for new
maintainership; the community can respond by telling them to wait,
pestering the developer, finding a new maintainer, etc.

- Daniel