Subject: Re: [boost] [utility/value_init] boost::value_initialized<T> direct-initialized?
From: Niels Dekker - address until 2010-10-10 (niels_address_until_2010-10-10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-05 17:22:55

Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
> Looks basically like how I had imagined.

Thanks! I'll commit our new boost::initialized<T> to the trunk when
Fernando Cacciola has also taken a look. It won't be included with Boost
release version 1.43.0, I'm afraid, especially because unit tests and
documentation still need to be written. But I think Boost version 1.44
is a feasible target.

Note that there's also some progress on the other open value_init issue,
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3869>, submitted by Aleksey
Gurtovoy. The idea is to have a defect macro,
BOOST_NO_COMPLETE_VALUE_INITIALIZATION, which is defined when a compiler
itself has not have completely implemented value-initialization. John
Maddock and I have been looking at how to test such a macro, during the
Easter days. The std::memset call inside value_init.hpp could then be
made conditional, based upon this macro.

Kind regards,

   Niels

--
Niels Dekker