Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2010: Heaps and Queues
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 18:57:52

> Ah, that makes much more sense. I haven't looked too deeply into too many
> Boost libraries yet, so I'm not aware - is that iterator abstraction the
> preferred method over internal pointer manipulation?

Not really "internal", just pointer-like. Typically they're used for
iterating -- you can tell by the name :) but they're also used in
pointer-like ways. Look at the STL list interfaces, especially insert() and
erase().

> I'm used to code being written to speak for itself, but that's for when
> it's standing alone, not embedded in a proposal. Point taken. Once again,
> about to head into class so I can't take care of the revisions now, but
> later tonight I'll get revision 2 worked up and ready. (Also I apologize
> that I'm a bit more distracted than I usually would be. This is an exam
> week for me.)

I don't believe that code does speak for itself; let the interface show what
you want and describe in the text of the proposal. Don't feel too bad about
being distracted. I've been at a postdoc interview for the last 2 days.
Imagine how I feel :)

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]